Diva Challenges 220 & 221

Diva Challenge #220 UMT: All Boxed Up three ways in a monotangle.

Last week the Diva challenged us to use Alice Hendon’s All Boxed Up tangle. I generally try to not be influenced by other entries in the challenges, but when I procrastinate I do run across some entries in my blog feed or in the various Facebook groups. Here I was influenced by Helen Williams’ freeform All Boxed Up and decided to layer it over Alice’s two different orientations as a sort of study of the pattern. I ended up adding a titch of tipple to cover an oops. There are no mistakes, right?

Diva Challenge 221, a Beads of Courage tile featuring knase on a ribbon, BB, abacus and beadlines.

Between work and moving I can’t knit right now so I tangled during my SnB night on Monday. I ended up doing the this week’s Diva Challenge to create a tile inspired by Beads of Courage which you can read about on the Diva’s blog post.  I thought what goes with beads more than ribbon? Add in that in the Weekly Zentangle Tangle Video Facebook Group is focusing on Knase which immediately grabbed me as a nice pattern for a ribbon and so I combined the two.

Advertisements

Wall Journal & Sunday Smackdown #9

My Sunday Smackdown #9 zendala on a standard 3.5″ square tile made from Fabriano Uno paper. I used Purlbox and Hurry and I’m not sure what exactly to call the third pattern.

I actually had finished this tile in time for posting for the Sunday Smackdown #9, but then got distracted by more Gelli printing fun at Cate’s 🙂

I kept it pretty simple and clean, using only three patterns, though I’m not quite sure what to call the petal-shaped one as that is really just a technique employed in lot of the patterns. Can anyone help me out on it?

I couldn’t resist an artsy shot of my zendala.

Inspired by my IG feed I took an artsy shot this time around and I really liked it so I thought I’d share the close-up look at it 🙂 It does really show the detail in how I shaded.

The finished “Be Brave and Keep Going” page in my Wall Notebook featuring a lot of tangles!

Then, speaking of procrastination, this has been done for probably a full month I think, but I never took a proper picture of it. The bricks had me employing a bunch of stacking of tangles, though I’m pretty sure it doesn’t quite meet the criteria for the Stack and Tangled FB group. That’s okay though because the same two people have just launch today a Journaled and Tangled group that this will fit in!